Traxxas 3485 Velineon VXL-6s Waterproof Brushless Electronic Speed Control
Few speed controls can match the VXL-6s ESC for raw, tire-shredding power. Whether tearing through the desert in the Unlimited Desert Racer or maxing out the E-Revo on a 70mph speed run, the VXL-6s ESC pours on the power you demand for over-the-top fun. Power doesn’t need to be complicated and the VXL-6s offers the same user-friendly experience you get with all Traxxas speed controls. Just plug in the batteries, press the EZ-Set button, and hold on!
Patented Traxxas high current connectors funnel power to the ESC through ultra-efficient Maxx Cable wiring. Huge 6.5mm gold-plated connectors deliver power straight to X-Maxx’s Big Block motor. An integrated fan cools the oversized heatsink to keep ESC temperatures down and extend run times. Bright LED status lights keep you informed with temperature and voltage warnings. Internal safety programming constantly monitors ESC performance to protect it from damage.
The VXL-6s comes pre-programmed with real-time telemetry capability using the optional #6511 Wireless Module (sold separately) installed in a Traxxas TQi transmitter. Use the free Traxxas Link App to see speed, RPM, voltage and ESC temperature directly on your mobile device. With the Traxxas Link App, you can record speed runs and monitor battery voltage while you drive and best of all, no additional sensors are required. The Traxxas Link App makes it easy to update your VXL-6s with the newest features.
Technology shouldn't be difficult to use. That's why the VXL-6s features the same one-button ease of use that comes with all Traxxas speed controls. Not all drivers are ready for ballistic 70+mph speed which is why the VXL-6s features Traxxas’ patented Training Mode. Training Mode limits throttle to 50%, while keeping braking at full power for inexperienced drivers. Two-stage low-voltage protection ensures your LiPo batteries remain safe and healthy.
- Integrated telemetry for speed, RPM, voltage, and ESC temperature
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection with integrated cooling fan protects the VXL-6s from overheating
- Bright multi-color LED status lights provide clear feedback
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the batteries are nearing their minimum voltage threshold
- Wide range of battery options from NiMH packs up to 6s LiPo power
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-6s by 50%, making it easier for inexperienced drivers to control their model. When you’re ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls—eliminating the need to learn a new set of procedures
The VXL-6s is programmable with three drive profiles: Patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors eliminates a common bottleneck and maintain pure, unrestricted power flow from the batteries to the brushless power system
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode** – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into fail-safe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded
- Water resistant case design uses rubber seals and O-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture
- Gold plated 6.5mm bullet connectors on ultra-efficient Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
Input Voltage: 2x 2s/3s LiPo (Max 25.2 volts); 2x 7-cell/8-cell NiMH*
Case Size: 2.23in (58mm) x 2.83in (72mm) x 1.81in (46mm)
Weight: 206.5g (7.28oz)
Motor Connectors: Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
On Resistance Forward: 0.00075 Ohms
On Resistance Backward: 0.00075 Ohms
BEC Voltage: 6.0 V
BEC Continuous Current: 10A
BEC Peak Current: 20A
Power Wire: 10-Gauge Maxx Cable
Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 295mm
Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage Indicators, Switchable (on or off)
Thermal Protection: 2-Stage Thermal Shutdown
- Sport Mode:
- 100% FWD, 100% Brakes, 100% REV
- Race Mode:
- 100% FWD, 100% Brakes, No REV
- Training Mode: **
- 50% FWD, 100% Brakes, 50% REV
Single-Button Setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set
Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
Motor Types: Brushless
Ports: RX Input, Auxiliary Fan, Traxxas Accessory Port
*Low Voltage Detection must be disabled with NiMH batteries. NiMH support depends on vehicle.